Monday, December 12, 2005

one year ago

Well, Sydney turned 4 months old yesterday. She celebrated it by going to a Christmas party at Glamma Deb's house.
Yesterday, I realized that it has been one year since we found out that our lives were about to change drastically. We found out that we were pregnant on December 7, 2004. Then on December 9, we began the nerve-wracking process of having hormone checks done every other day. I had to have a blood test done every other day for two weeks to make sure that my hormone levels were doubling every day. This meant that Sydney was turning into the little lima bean that would eventually be our daughter. This was a very hard time for us. We were too scared to be excited. Plus, we had to call our families to let them know that we wouldn't be coming home for Christmas.
Tomorrow(12-13), will be one year since I had to do my first Lovenox injection. I remember that night all too well. Joey had to work that night. I was going to try to be brave and do the shot myself. (For those of you that don't know, I am deathly afraid of needles. Joey had to do my shots while I covered my face with a pillow during the entire 9 months.) I turned on a documentary about Duran Duran, got on the couch and held the needle over my belly for 30 minutes. Several times I even closed my eyes and tried to poke myself, but I just couldn't let the needle go in. Unfortunately, the result of my bravery was several little dots on my stomach and a very dull needle. The first shot was not a very good one. (Not too mention the fact that it was the first time Joey had given a human a shot. He had given many shots to rats and mice in his toxocology lab, but never a person! He improved tremendously over the next 9 months!)
At least I have a story to tell Sydney! Now if I could just stop being so nervous about her 4 month shots tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home