Saturday, April 07, 2007

This one's for you, Meagan!

Ok, so I pretty much gave up on this blog. Many different excuses... terrible internet, VERY active child, life, etc... Anyway, I have decided to give it another try. So here we go. We've been on quite a wild ride for the past 8 months. We've been going back and forth fighting with Sydney's doctor. But that is another post! Joey's brother and 2 sisters all got married. (Not to each other though. ;o) Not everyone that lives in the south has a family tree that doesn't have branches!) His parents moved out of the house that he grew up in and now live on 6 acres. They love their new place. My niece, Danielle, joined Louisiana Tech's powerlifting team. She is going to national's next weekend. The best part of that is now that we live closer, I will get to go! Sydney is getting bigger and learning so much. It is amazing how much she changed once she hit the 18 month mark! She has the "evil eye" down great. I spent about $50.00 last night on books on toddlers. Right now, we are trying to discipline her using Love and Logic by Jim Faye. She definitely has a mind of her own. That kind of gets you caught up on our lives. I'm glad to hear that we were missed while we were on our hiatus!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Nicol, if you don't still have my phone number please email me (thevanovers@gmail.com) but I think I put our contact info in that thank you card.

I'm sure that you've read about my own challenges of parenting an active child. I never thought that teachers produced these "spirited children" until I had one of my own and realized that they don't come from bad parents, they just are who they are. It's really relieving to know that yours is, too. I'd love to talk to you- let's have a long-distance book club because I've attained such an extensive library that turns into dust collectors immediately because I read them in one night, chuck them at the wall and cry. Recently I've had a lot of success with two things: "Raising Your Spirited Child" (MSK) and a reward chard (made by Melissa & Doug)

CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home