Sunday, June 25, 2006

We're back online!!!

Well, it has been a very difficult month, but we are finally somewhat settled. Thank you, Danielle, for flying out and helping me drive to Texas with Sydney. I'm not sure what I would have done without her! Unfortunately, Sydney decided the weekend before we left that she didn't want anything to do with packing or moving. My sweet, happy baby turned into a crying mess for about a week straight.

The movers unloaded the truck June first. That is when we realized that they weren't too gentle with our things. So far, our casualty list includes a television set, our washing machine, and a few other small items. I think our neighbors were in shock when the big Wal Mart truck pulled up in front of our house. The good thing that came out of it, though, was that Danielle met a new friend. Hee hee! One of the truck drivers wanted to get real friendly with her. I had to keep rescuing her by sending her to my bedroom to unpack boxes.

We have also learned that the people here in Texas have their own time frame. For instance, if they tell you that they will be at your house to paint a room on Wed., they really mean the following Monday. Or as in the case of the cable company: They said they would be at our house on June 8 to hook up our internet. That quickly became "sometime in the middle of July". No internet for 2 months? I don't think so. Unfortunately, since we live "out in the sticks", (according to the locals here) our only other option was to get satellite internet. It's not the best, but then again, I am sitting here on June 27 blogging away.

And, alas, by darling baby has decided to grace me with a shrill "Mama!". See you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home