Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Potty Training Woes

We have officially given up on potty training for now. She has a total of 3 potty chairs. Her favorite one is the Fisher Price Royal Potty. (This is the version we have, only I assure you, we did not pay $45.00 for it!)I had to take the batteries out of it though. Everytime she would start to pee in it, it would play music. That would make her jump up and pee everywhere. Then I bought her a convertable potty. We don't use that one at all because she thinks that the inside part makes a really cool hat. The last one I bought is one that attaches to the main potty. She is absolutely terrified of the big potty. We've decided to drop the potty issue for now to let things settle down with her. I really don't think she is quite ready yet. By the time she realizes that she needs to potty, it is usually too late. We are taking any suggestions though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

we had that potty- and no it was not $45!!!-

i hated it. pee went everywhere all of the time. we had a lot of luck with the sesame street padded seat that goes on the toilet. we also used cottonelle puppy paper and the huggies clean team flushable wipes.

ky was in panties for most of the day at 2, but in pull-ups in the car, etc. she was completely trained by 2 1/2 and sleeping in under shortly after.

it's a very long "almost there" process.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have looked EVERYWHERE for the cottonelle puppy paper. They do not carry it down here. Urgh! We do use the flushable wipes. I will give you a call.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home