Friday, April 07, 2006

We have a house!

It has been quite a week! We got to Tyler Friday afternoon. We had a busy afternoon of dropping the dogs off at their "hotel", checking into our hotel, and going to dinner with my parents. We got up early Saturday morning and met with our realtor. We looked at houses all day. At about 5 that afternoon, we decided to make an offer on the first house that we looked at. It was one of the ones that I found on the internet. Sunday, we got a phone call from our agent. The house had been sold for 3 weeks! The listing agent forgot to take it off the market. After a brief moment of panic, we told our agent that we wanted to see a house that was on the same street as the first house. We had nicknamed that house the "bachlor house" because it was so obvious that a single guy lived there. He had the house professionally decorated though. Anyway, after weighing the pros (the house is gorgeous, plus in a GREAT neighborhood) and the cons (only 3 bedrooms, 1/2 acre, but all of the yard is in the front... small backyard, small kitchen) we decided that we really liked it and made an offer. After a couple of LONG hours, we heard back that he accepted our offer. Yeah, we get to go back to Colorado now.

We got back to the Springs Tues afternoon. We met with our real estate agent, Kim, about the inspection that was done on our house while we were gone. We found out that the previous owner of this house built our deck without a permit! Urg! After going down to the permit office, we realized that we were in WAY over our heads. Luckily, Kim's husband worked for the builder that built our house. He is coming over in the morning to help us draw the plans for our deck and is helping us get our permit. Yeah Ted!!! Hopefully after everything is said and done, the deck will pass inspection. We can't sell the house without the permit.

I'm also going to school tomorrow (Yes, on a Saturday!) to move out of my classroom. We are trying to move our closing dates on both houses up to the middle of May. I don't want to have to worry about packing both my class and my house in May. I'm a little sad about this. I turned in my letter of resignation yesterday. It was harder than I thought it would be. I have really loved teaching there. I used to walk down the hall and think how lucky I was to work there. Everyone was so supportive. They all felt as if they went through my pregnancy with me. They are happy for us, but they hate to see us leave. This move is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be.

Oh, here is our new house:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home